Thursday, December 27, 2012

Trickster and His Water 12-27-2012


The Chronicles of Jim Saahuun, Trickster and His Water 12-27-2012:// (part1)

taapaa jikjii pimaatshuu uuwaan misuuwaa jaakawyuu aa wiitaayiitik. "If you laugh at everything and at everyone, one cannot survive in life." - a quote by a Cree Elder, Fundamental Philosophy.

Jim Saahuun: I wonder if I even translated that quote correctly...

Nicki Moisseaux: Got me pondering, even when I offered help to our people; the concept is too ridiculous for them because I am simply female? Trickster is always around, that is for certain. I wonder what the people have been drinking these days?

Nicki Tuuktaan: kushtaachiwin aapuuwii jiishinkaatikinuu aatiiuuhkaanch. [I heard in one of our sacred stories that it was called Fear Water/Drink.]

Jim Saahuun: Best to maanjao back on the moon until they sober up or run out of His Water. Whatever they have been drinking, it also makes them violent should you suggest to take their drink away because it is killing their life and those around them.

Nicki Moisseaux: It is also breaking families, as we have previously studied last semester.

Jacko Jasky thinks and head nods: I understand why Jim Saahuun and Nicki Moisseaux have been sitting on this teaching the longest...

Nicki Moisseaux: Shaash baj mishikaau kuukuumnuu Ophelia Thunderstar... [Our grandmother Ophelia Thunderstar is now arriving by canoe...]


No comments: